both the "Wesleyan and Primitive strands" each had separate chapels in the village
This picture is of the present building, built 1903.
Early Years Prior to 1839 house groups were meeting and in 1839 a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
was built which is now 57/57a
High Street North, Stewkley.
In 1839 this was moved to Chapel Square and in 1873 the Sunday School opposite
was built. These are both now private houses.
In the south of the village the first Primitive Methodist Chapel was built in 1839 at No.1 Orchard Lane (then
known as Chapel Lane).
A plaque on the house records this fact.